Monday, August 30, 2004

Let's Go

Well, here we are. Alive and kicking and in living color. Welcome to my blog, friend of friends. This is The Longshoreman. The writings and weavings of a young Southern California longshoreman. For the uninformed that's the cats who work down at the docks unloading ships.

In many ways it's a very romantic profession. Images of sailors, vessels from distant lands, burly pissed off dock workers ready to tear each other apart for the mildest slight, the sea, seagulls, Marlon Brando from On The Waterfront (it was you, Charlie, it was you...), the labor movement, strikes, smugglers. All these come to mind when you think of it.

But it really isn't that sexy. Just in books and movies. Speaking of movies, I also make films. I've got two new feature films under my belt. Both comedies, one I wrote, the other I wrote-directed-produced-acted-and-financed. More about that later.

But anyways, stay along for the ride. I promise I'll keep it jazzy for ya here.

0 Comments:

<< Home