Monday, August 30, 2004

Hero

Saw the new Jet Li film Hero this weekend. Some beautiful imagery. But I really don't care for wire work. Sometimes it works, like the first Matrix movie. Otherwise it usually looks silly. People were tittering in the audience at it. I'd rather see a straight out martial arts mano y mano drag down knock out two fisted smack down rock 'n' roll fisticuffs than all this prancing on wires.

A good fight scene should not look overly staged. As many of the fights do in this and other martial arts films. Sure, all movie fights are staged, but take a look at Kill Bill to see what I mean by a truly cool movie fight.

But, movies, movies. I recently finished shooting my first directorial effort. We start editing soon. Looking at the footage I figure I am going to do some reshoots. Which is a drag, but just a part of the business.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home