Thursday, April 03, 2008

Donut Men

Real Stories Of The Donut Men...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uhDodpqRRU

Trailer for a totally obscure indie film from years ago. Never saw the film since it never had a distribution deal.

But I always liked the title. Even wanted to make my own movie called simply "Donut Men" because of the title.

It would be a quirky comedy about two guys who run a late night Donut shop. But they make such bad donuts that they have to steal day old donuts from a nearby supermarket dumpster when the market throws out the day old food that's still technically edible.

And one of the two Donut Men would drive a hatchback car shaped like a donut. And they would both have girlfriends who come to the donut shop that night and gave them hell. It would take place (the film, my imagined film) during one late night shift at the donut shop.

I think I first saw the title of this movie on the Paladium marquee on the Sunset Strip years ago. Even though it seemed the Paladium was NEVER open, never had any shows. But I guess I got there too early. Or rather, I always drove by too early before humans were queuing up outside to get into a show.

I met the director (Mr. Beeaje Quick) of Real Stories Of The Donut Men years ago at a movie screening in Venice Beach. He was there with his date, a cute female and their three legged dog named Tripod. Okay, that wasn't the dog's name. But we can dream, right?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0192514

L.A. Weekly article about (Mr. Nice Guy) Beeaje Quick:

http://www.laweekly.com/art+books/art/im-bullshitting-as-fast-as-i-can/6695/

Ciao, kids, kiddies and kidettes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home