Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Free Falling

Feeling a bit, well, a bit of everything today. Angry, hateful, sad, lonely. Mostly negative emotions. Well, at least I'm not starving in some third world hellhole.

Things can always get worse. My latest film project is not progressing as quick as I'd like it to and I'm upset about it. I'm making calls left and right to get things moving but no one is getting back to me. It's just a matter of time, I know, but I want to get the post production ball rolling faster.

Not sure what purpose any of us serves here on Spaceship Planet Earth. I always wonder if there is an afterlife. I think the ultimate cosmic joke would be if there wasn't. That life was totally meaningless and there was no afterlife. I sometimes think that would serve us humans right. And it is, of course, darkly humorous. What was it Kurt Vonnegut said? Cling to the foma that gives you comfort?

Foma being his word for "harmless untruths". Can't be sure though -- been awhile since I read his gloom and doom stuff. I read Ayn Rand's The Fountainhead and I lost my taste for KV. Atlas Shrugged I found way too long winded. Good, but too preachy. The Fountainhead was a much superior book. The movie version with Gary Cooper didn't do much for me. Hopefully they will do a remake someday.

At least Half-Life 2 comes out soon. Looking forward to that. One of the most anticipated video game sequels. I still marvel at the fact that video games outsell movies these days. What do you call that? Revenge of the Nerds?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home