Tuesday, October 07, 2008

No Reservations




After signing off last night I turned on No Reservations on cable. It was just what I needed at that moment. Not the best film ever but well shot, well acted, well directed, and very well scored.

The No Reservations theme always puts me at ease. I don't want to get the DVD though since I don't want to get tired of it. Catherine Zeta-Jones, Aaron Eckhart and Abigail Breslin are great in it. How the film ultimately ends is a bit on the Hollywood side but it works. I've no doubt the original German film on which it is based, Mostly Martha, is superior.

So I got one of my three glass tumblers I got in Vegas while staying at the Luxor and had a shot of Gentleman Jack from a single airplane sized bottle I had and absorbed myself into the movie.

I felt better. And thought maybe the Gods are looking out for me just a bit. Loneliness can get to you. Especially when you just want a pretty woman to put her arms around you a few times a week.

But deep down I'm still overcome with bitterness. At life, love, God. I think God has said to me love, happiness, even the wonders and beauty of simple human lust and passion can never come my way. And if they do? It's only for a few fleeting moments. As if to torture me. What can come my way? Only hatred, loneliness, death, destruction and misery. No positivity, only negativity. Only darkness, never light.

What is God, the universe, fate, up to? Anything? Or is it all but for naught?

Either way. At the very least I can take some brief human comfort in a great movie.

Life isn't always made to order.

http://noreservationsmovie.warnerbros.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home