Saturday, March 12, 2005

Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas

Hunter S. Thompson just died.

Oh, good doctor, we hardly knew ye. Suicide. That's how Hunter went out. We needed counterculture heroes like him around. Especially now.

I didn't want to sit around for a short vacation I had taken from work. So I figured ROAD TRIP!

I've never jumped in the car and just drove. So I picked up the Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas soundtrack and book and cruised the Mustang down the 15 freeway to Sin City. Using the spirit of Hunter to guide me.

I gambled, saw a show, ran up massive hotel room service bills, got plastered on champagne, and had a pretty decent time.

Of course if it had been 1975 and not 2005 I would have been ordering in hookers galore. But in this day and age that's still a little too risky what with disease and all.

The power of Thompson compels you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home