Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Rough Cut

Well, I saw a rough cut of the first 50 scenes of my film. It turned out better overall than I though. Overall it is pretty funny and the production values are good. So it should be an impressive first film from a first time actor-writer-director-producer.

It still needs work and will have to be fined tuned, but so far it is shaping up better than I thought it would. Which is totally amazing. And the one shot I was very pissed off about not getting a decent take of -- I think we may have one of the three shot that is usable. Once we add music and sound effects it should be doable. Reshoots are still going to be done most likely just to satisfy my own perfectionist sensibilities. But the amazing thing is that my performance came off better than expected. We won't know for sure till we have the first screening.

And if (or I should say WHEN) we get into Sundance and/or Slamdance, that'll be a great indication that I've made a successful film. Ya gotta love Hollywood.

Rough Cut. That's the name of a 1980's Burt Reynolds movie. Not the best flick, but I dug the title, star, and director Don Siegel. And the poster is pretty cool. With Burt Reynolds holding this handful of diamonds slipping through his fingers with a hot babe by his side. I remember one of the guys on Burt's heist team being a Nazi. He had this whole roomful of Nazi collectibles. Weird looking at that in today's context. Too bad the movie wasn't very good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home