Thursday, September 23, 2004

V For Vendetta And Victory

Well, finally got a copy of the entire film in a rough edit last night. Stayed up till 3 o'clock in the A.M. watching it.

Man, overall it turned out pretty well. I was amazed. The ending in particular I felt I nailed pretty close to my original vision. I sent out a DVD copy to Sundance early this morning, literally one day before the deadline. I'm also entering in two other Sundance knockoffs Slamdance and Tromadance.

It's a longshot getting into any of them with all the fierce dripping fang competition. But I honestly feel I've gotta shot. I actually feel kinda, good. Amazingly. Did I finally not screw something up in my life?

I won't get my hopes up too much. But overall the results are decent so far. I think I've made what could be called a three star film. Three stars out of four on the critic's rating scale. We find out in December who the entrants to the three forementioned film festivals.

Zach Braff's awesome film Garden State is the kind of first time auteur's delight a lot of young filmmakers wish they could make. Mine is different from that and not nearly as high a budget. But I hope it'll be special in it's own way.

A film that will stand out among a sea of indie films. This is also gives me an excuse to celebrate with an Office Burger and amber ale at Father's Office. Cheers to all you dreamers out there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home